How To Play Caribbean Stud Poker
Here are the basic steps in playing Caribbean Stud Poker:
- An ante is paid by the Player and the Player, if they choose to, posts progressive wager
- Cards are dealt, with the Player and Dealer each receiving five
- The Dealer reveals one of their five cards
- The Player looks at their cards
- The Player can either fold and lose the ante or place another bet (double the ante)
- Hands are revealed
- Dealer must qualify by holding at least Ace/King in their hand.
- If they don’t qualify, Player automatically gets 1:1 on their ante and the additional bet is returned
- If the Dealer does qualify, the hands are compared and whoever has the better hand wins
- If the Dealer wins, they collect the ante and the bet
- If the Player wins they receive at least a 1:1 return on their total bet or, if they hold two pair or better, they are paid according to the chart below. If a progressive is offered, which includes an additional side bet, the corresponding progressive payout is awarded.
||100% of total progressive
||10% of the progressive
|Four of a Kind
|Three of a Kind
|One Pair or High Card
Winning Strategies for Online Players
Although players are not able to raise in Caribbean Stud Poker and they have only one additional bet to make after the ante, there are still various strategies that players can utilize to maximize their bankroll and potential winnings. Here are five techniques that you can use when playing Caribbean Stud Poker.
Do not play all hands you are dealt. If you have a pair, then definitely stay in the hand. An Ace with a solid kicker may also be worth playing. But anything lower should be folded.
Play the Progressive
Often playing a side bet is considered to be a bad idea. However, in this case, especially due to the fact that it only cost $1.00, you may want to go with this secondary wager. However, if doing so, make sure you have enough cash to comfortably play the side bet and your primary wager, remembering that every hand you play at the dollar table will cost you three.
Play at a Table You Can Afford
If you can comfortably afford to play at a $5.00 table then do so. But if playing for a $1.00 a hand is much more comfortable for you, then you should go with that. Playing at a table that you can afford, will allow you to enjoy the game much more, and it will keep you playing at the table long, increasing your chances of hitting some solid hands.
Stay Focused on the Game
When you play online it’s very easy to get distracted by other things around you or by other people. It’s very important to keep your focus when playing. One thing that will help you do so is to track every hand, including your bet, the winning and losing hand, and the fiscal outcome. When you play a series of hands online over the course of a half-hour or hour it’s very easy to lose track of how much you’ve won or lost, how you’re playing, and what the trends may be.
Leave Emotion Out
Don't let emotion overtake you when you go on a bad run, hit a bad beat, or even go on a winning streak. Emotional play can make you do things you shouldn’t like play hands you shouldn’t or fold hands when they should be played.
Getting a Top Welcome Bonus
If you’re interested in receiving a large welcome bonus that will enhance your bankroll, giving you more betting power, then be sure to check out our top-ranked Caribbean Stud Poker online casinos. You’ll find great gaming rooms and big bonuses that you can use at the card table to increase the number of hands you can play and enhance your chances of making a big score.
Finding Fantastic Caribbean Stud Poker Casinos Online
If you would like to play Caribbean Stud Poker, we can connect you with a great online casino that offers this exciting card game. All of the online casinos that have been shortlisted on this page offer quality software-driven Caribbean Stud tables. Some provide live dealer and mobile versions of the game.
Playing Caribbean Stud Poker online or on your mobile device is very easy. A hand can be played with just a few taps of your computer’s mouse or mobile device’s screen. Mobile Caribbean Stud poker can be enjoyed on Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry devices through either an app or by navigating to your casino’s mobile site.